Homeowners Insurance

Protect your house — and your possessions — with homeowners insurance through Vincent & Vincent Property & Casualty Services Inc. For homeowners, insurance protection is an important aspect of homeownership.
Buying homeowners insurance or home insurance, means buying protection for your home — both inside and out.


Home insurance protects you from damage and theft.
Coverage options include:
  • Fire and lightning
  • Windstorm and hail
  • Weight of ice or snow
  • Smoke damage
  • Falling objects
  • Freezing damage
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Accidental overflow from plumbing
  • Accidental electrical damage to appliances
  • Damage by vehicles
Protect yourself, your family and others with a home insurance policy:
  • Personal liability for you, your spouse, relatives living with you and persons under 21 in your care
  • Protection against claims you’re legally obligated to pay
  • Payment of the cost of defending claims against you
  • Medical expenses of others
  • Accidental death benefits
Homeowners insurance discounts:

Start saving today with our homeowner’s insurance discounts for:

  • Monitored fire and burglar alarms
  • Local ultrasonic burglar alarms
  • Fire extinguishers
  • Deadbolt locks on all exterior entryways
  • Sprinkler systems
  • Home or Condo insurance combined with auto insurance or other policies
Vincent & Vincent Property & Casualty Services Inc. offers home insurance, condo insurance and renters insurance to all qualified customers.

If you already know what kind of home insurance policy you need, call us and get a home insurance quote today! Or, learn more about:

  • Homeowners Insurance
  • Condo Insurance
  • Renters Insurance
Why buy condo insurance?

Home insurance isn’t your only option when it comes to protecting your belongings. When you own a condominium, you — not your condo association — is responsible for what’s inside your condo. That’s why it is important to have a personal condo insurance policy.


Why buy renters insurance?

Renters insurance protects you in situations that everyone can face: fire, theft, water damage and other unforeseen circumstances — situations your apartment owner’s policy doesn’t cover.

What is homeowners insurance? (HO3 or HO5)

Homeowners insurance compensates you for losses to your home and your possessions inside it, so purchasing a homeowners insurance policy provides added security for your investment.

Homeowners insurance also protects you if you’re legally liable for someone’s injuries on your property, as well as from financial losses caused by storms, fire, theft and other events outlined in your policy.

Different insurance companies offer different homeowners insurance coverages, so choosing the right policy means finding the right mix of coverages to meet your needs.

  • Generally, a standard homeowner’s insurance policy protects the following:
  • The physical structure of your home
  • Structures on your property (storage sheds, pools, boathouses, etc.)
  • Your personal property and belongings inside your home, up to specified limits
  • Your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or your family members cause to other people
  • Injuries to your household pets while inside your home
  • Additional living expenses if a fire or other insured disaster leaves you temporarily unable to live in your home

Often, for an additional fee, you can select optional homeowner’s insurance coverages, including:

  • Higher limits of liability for property damage or bodily injury
  • Replacement cost for personal property
  • Protection for valuables (jewelry, watches, fur, etc.)
  • Additional coverage for electronics or computer equipment

To make shopping for the right homeowner’s insurance policy easier, take an inventory of what you own to decide what level of coverage makes you comfortable. Once you know your coverage level, get a homeowner’s insurance quote and choose the policy that’s right for you.

What about townhouses?

If you own a townhouse, you can insure it with a homeowner’s insurance policy or an association master policy, depending on your situation. Some townhouse associations have master policies, in which case you should purchase a tenant homeowners insurance policy to insure your personal property. Other townhouse associations do not have master policies, which is when you should purchase a homeowners insurance policy for your unit.

Check with your association to determine which type of policy you should purchase for your townhouse.

Condominium Insurance (HO6):

Protect your condo — and your possessions — with condo insurance through Vincent & Vincent Property & Casualty Insurance Services Inc. Different from home insurance, condo insurance is designed specifically for condos, and it covers what you keep inside of your condo.

What is condo insurance?

When you own a condominium, you — not your condo association — is responsible for what’s inside your condo. That’s why is important to have a personal condominium insurance policy.

Condo associations have master policies that cover the property, common areas and physical structure of your building. However, these master policies do not cover your personal property or your legal responsibility to others, and they may not cover improvements or customizations to your unit.

That’s where condo insurance comes in.

As you get condo insurance quotes while shopping for a condo insurance policy, you’ll typically select from available coverages, such as:

  • Personal property
  • Replacement value of your primary dwelling and specified permanent attachments, up to a specific value
  • Bodily injury if someone is hurt on your property
  • Liability for property damage
  • Damage protection from dangers, such as fire, plumbing freezes, vandalism, glass breakage, etc

A basic condo insurance policy will cover damages to most of your personal belongings, as well as walls, floors, ceiling coverings, etc. Most condominium by-laws or trust agreements state that the condo owner owns or is responsible for everything within the unit, including permanently attached fixtures and improvements.

With condo insurance, sometimes called an HO6 policy, damage to improvements, additions and alterations of your unit are covered. Your condo insurance policy also covers your belongings and the structural parts of the building that you own.

Before you shop for condo insurance, take an inventory of what you own to decide what level of coverage makes you comfortable.

When you’re ready to take the first step toward obtaining condominium insurance, get condo insurance quotes through Vincent & Vincent Property & Casualty Services today.

Renters Insurance (HO4):

Protect your apartment or rental house — and your possessions — with renters insurance through Vincent & Vincent Property & Casualty Insurance Services. Renters insurance covers damages to your possessions when you rent rather than own your home.
If you already know what kind of renters’ insurance policy you need, get a renters insurance quote from us today!

What is Renters Insurance?

If you rent your home, having insurance protection for yourself and your possessions is still important. Similar to home insurance, renters insurance protects you in situations that everyone can face: fire, theft, water damage and other unforeseen circumstances your landlord’s policy doesn’t cover.
Renters insurance typically provides coverage, up to the limits you select, for specified items and situations, including:

  • Personal property (furniture, electronics, computer equipment, clothing, etc.)
  • Personal liability if someone is hurt, whether in your home or away from it
  • Damage to your apartment or home caused by a covered loss

Imagine going to a soccer game, or a family get-together at the family house, and when you return home, you’re greeted by the flashing lights of police cars and fire trucks. Building fires and damage can happen anytime, anywhere, but with proper renters insurance, your personal property inside your apartment will generally be covered if it’s affected by any of the following:

  • Fire
  • Smoke damage
  • Theft
  • Collapse of the building due to weather
  • Water leakage or overflow
  • Freezing of plumbing, air conditioning and more

Renters insurance will protect you from incidents that occur while you’re at home, too, such as a toaster catching on fire or a friend slipping and falling while visiting you. Renters insurance provides coverage for your own items, and it provides coverage for other people’s injuries or damages in situations for which you’re liable, as well.
You can’t rely on your landlord’s insurance to cover your valuables — landlord insurance only covers the building structure and not your personal property.
Renters insurance, sometimes referred to as an HO4 policy, can provide the financial protection you need in case your possessions are destroyed or stolen, as well as liability protection if someone is hurt in your dwelling.

***Before you shop for renters insurance, take an inventory of what you own to decide what level of coverage makes you comfortable. We can provide you a renters insurance quote and help you choose the policy that’s right for you.

Homeowners Insurance Additional Coverage Options:

Homeowners insurance policies typically provide basic protection for your property. But they may not provide all of the protection you want or need. Consider additional home insurance coverage options to tailor a policy that’s right for you.

Learn more about additional home insurance coverage:
Scheduled personal property-
This provides affordable homeowners insurance coverage for high value items such as jewelry, watches, antiques and fine art.
Replacement cost plus-

Can pay up to an additional 20% of the home coverage limit if there is a total loss of your home – and additional money is needed to rebuild, which can be included in your home insurance rate.

Extended replacement cost on contents-

Pays to replace or repair personal property without depreciation being taken from the value of the property within your home insurance coverage.

Water backup of sewer-

Broadens the home insurance coverage for loss due to water backup through sewers or drains.

Ordinance or law-

Pays for increased expense to rebuild due to current building codes or ordinances.